Thursday, January 22, 2009

From November to now

I can't believe the last picture I posted was of my arse crack and really bad lino. Not sure what is worse. I finally have internet and a great computer so I can update with some more pics and news now.

Update on the pictures below.

We pulled up the carpet in the lounge room and discovered that the boards were in really good condition. Just some weird staining that someone did. Sanding it should sort that. 

We knocked out the wall dividing the lounge room and kitchen. So one big open plan room. I didn't like the idea at first but it meant I could have a bigger kitchen so i was easily talked around.  Picture below shows the first section cut out.

Photobucket

During

Photobucket
And after.  CARNAGE

Photobucket




Following picture is from before we pulled up the carpet. 


Photobucket
I pulled apart one of the old kitchen cupboards. Turns out the cupboards you see in the earlier pics are updates. They clad the old cupboard in the new panels, put on a new bench top (over old one) and so on. They built things to last back then as ripping this kitchen apart nearly killed me.




Photobucket


One of the high priority things we had to do was level the house.  The house is about 60 years old and definitely not level. You could get vertigo walking up some parts.  "We" pulled up three boards from one whole side of the house. I had been told I was getting under the floor to put the blocks in but i decided that was the best time to have a nervous breakdown to get out of it.  Too many spiders under there. 

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

With the three boards replaced

Photobucket

No comments: